Sunday, February 23, 2014

Getting It In...

February is probably the busiest month of the year for me.  I typically have 3 big events I have to attend...one being my boy's birthday.  Last year we had a slumber party with 12 boys ranging in age from  5-9 years old at our house.  It was the most work I had ever done for a party and I vowed never to do it again!  Boys who attended this party were so impressed that we were invited to 3 slumber parties this year.  I bow down to those moms.  It is ALOT of work.

  This year his request was a movie party for 6 friends.  Sounded easy enough...The release of the Lego Movie was perfect and that is exactly what we did!  Afterwards we went to GattiTown for some impromtu fun and pizza.  He was then allowed to have ONE friend spend the night...he chose his cousin.  SWEET!

With February being the shortest month of the year as well, it seems as though you blink and it's over.  I had quite a few projects I needed to get done this month, and because my first 3 weekends were consummed, I am now hustling to "get it in" and get them done.  Thank goodness I worked ahead for my DT projects this month:


For my Unscripted Sketches DT project, I did a layout.  There are only 2-3 ladies on the team that submit layouts over at the blog so I am often really proud to have a different type of project highlighted.  Check out everyone's work for the week here.  I used my cricut and the Robotz cartridge (which you HAVE to own if you have a boy) for my title work.  Not only does it have amazing robots, but the fonts is super cute!  If you don't already follow the Unscripted Sketches blog, be sure to do so!


For my Stick It Down DT work, I was able to churn out another wedding layout (I still have a lot to do, so bare with me, please!)  I loved being able to use paint and chevron together.  You would think that would be a bit busy, but it wasn't!  I absolutely LOVED the way it turned out. Check out the other submissions here.  Stick it Down is fast moving blog that is FILLED with different weekly challenges.  From 2 page layouts to cards and then the single page layouts, of course, I am postive you will find some motivation!  Be sure to follow the Stick It Down blog and play along with us!  There is an opportunity to be a guest designer weekly!

Off I go to finish up some other projects February projects!

SMOOCHES!

No comments:

Post a Comment